11-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #59
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by exdos View Post
Sticky,

For reasons that I've already given in an earlier posting in this thread, I would not put any faith in static dynos to show "real world" on-the-road gains from air-intake mods if the fan placed in front of the car on the dyno is not capable of replicating the air speed equivalent to the vehicle mph equivalent on a static dyno.
Real world gains are always different from the dyno. This goes for any part, chip, exhaust, etc, as load at speed is different as is air resistance as speeds rise.

A dyno fan will never replicate air flow at real world speeds, certainly not at 85 mph and up as who other than a Formula 1 team has access to that kind of wind tunnel?

The fan and dyno helps us get an idea of the added flow and how the car responds. I ordered a Vbox to give 60-130 numbers, and there are plenty available on M5board (for the M5/M6, the M3 obviously has not had scoops available as long and hasn't been available as long so it will be some time before we have as much data to reference). I will do what I can on my end to add to the community with my own data, dynos, etc. I'm sure others will be adding results as well over the next few months.
Appreciate 0