View Single Post
      01-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

B&B (Billy Boat) Exhaust Review with Vids

I did a lot of research on this forum to help me make my decision on this cat-back system. Thanks to all of you who've posted vids and reviews. My goal was to find a system that was good for a daily driver, little to no drone on the freeway, but could wail when you opened it up.

Delivery
The exhaust came well packaged and protected from Redline Motorworks. There was no damage in shipping.

Build Quality
The tips and cans are fully polished and look great. The welds are very nice and the system looks high end. The tips are dual walled, angle cut and appear to be approx. 1/2" larger in diameter than the stock tips. The tips have an OEM fitment look, filling the stock bumper cutouts nicely.

Installation
I just followed the DIY sticky and the install went smoothly. This system is completely bolt on. The fitment is nearly perfect requiring little adjustment to get the tips even.

Sound
The sound is exactly what I was looking for. The tone is deep and agressive, but not over-the-top loud either. It is a "sport" exhaust sound level. I've only had the system on for 3 days, but so far there is no rasp or popping which is great, it's a clean sounding exhaust.

Drone
There is a tiny bit of drone at both 2k and 3k RPMs. To me this is totally livable for a daily driver. The drone typically occurs when accelerating slowly in the "wrong" gear. I haven't ridden in many M3s with aftermarket exhaust, so I can't really compare the drone level to another system other than to say it drones more than stock.

I would recommend this system to anyone who is considering it.

Here are the videos:

Updated AAA Speedway Track Video:

Last edited by chili cheese; 01-19-2011 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 0