05-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #13
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl4U View Post
did you regret it? i mean its def going to hurt financially.
I did it about the time I was your age - I had a job with great pay, but I absolutely loathed it; one day I came in, gave them my resignation, and left. The financial impact was huge, and it was years before I completely recovered because my next job took a couple months to find and didn't pay as well, so I had to use my savings to supplement it my pay until I could move to a cheaper apartment and lower my standard of living without just bailing on my obligations and ruining my credit.

I don't regret leaving the job, but I do wish I'd held off until I found a new one. Most advisors say the same - it's easier to find a new job while you're still employed, and part of the industry network. I think you'll find that simply deciding to leave will enable you to tough it out until you find another position - knowing it's almost over is empowering. You just think "Whatever, I'm almost out of here."

I'm surprised you're bailing now - aren't you a tax consultant? Isn't the busy season should be about over for you?
Appreciate 0