View Single Post
      01-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #18
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun View Post
Right, they have to change, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or keep buying their cars out of some misplaced sense of loyalty. They are no longer making cars for me, and the ///M is just a trim level. Look at me! I can pay more money for basically the same car than you can! Look at my 37 ///M logos and despair!
Brand loyalty is a curious thing; as any marketing major/expert can attest, it significantly shapes how we make our purchasing choices. In fact, me personally, I've always wanted to own an M car, and when I had an opportunity to do so, I jumped at the chance. Brand loyalty? Clearly. "Missplaced" brand loyalty? Depends on one's expectation. For myself, I answer in the negative given the massively-wide grin every time I get behind the wheel of my e90 M3.

I suppose this article is meant to address the question: should we shift our expectations for the M brand? I don't think there's a right or wrong answer, as it's not an ethics/morality/math question. But for some, I suspect after reading the article, it will. For others, not so much.
Appreciate 0