View Single Post
      08-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #107
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

I agree with most of what you guys are saying, but lets not discount the Mustang GT changes (never mind the Boss and GT500) vs. the base model either. Are they as distinct as an M3 vs. a 3 series? No. But there are differences in fascias, wheels, and other body elements. Bottom line is that most of what you say below applies to the Mustang case as well. People will notice the differences, even if they don't know which as which, and will prefer the looks of the GT. There is no hood vents, exhaust tips, or wider fenders to set them apart, no, but the engine note is still a dead give away in this case just like with the M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
i agree. even go back to the e46 m3 generation. please ask anyone to look at the regular e46 3 series and ask them if it looks the same as the e46 m3. huge different although they based on the same body style.

anyone who said the m3 and regular 3 series look the same is either ignorant or need to get their eyes check asap. they may not know the different model name such as m3, 335i, etc....but they sure as hell know which one look better even if they don't know cars.

the changes are subtle, but very noticeable at the same time. the hood bulge with air intake vents on the each side, side vents, quad exausts, aggresive front pumber, carbon roof, v8 sounds, etc
Appreciate 0