View Single Post
      11-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Wait for it...yes, more SWS-8/amp install questions

I've done my homework on this and have a pretty good idea of what I want to do here thanks to all the helpful info from Technic, quality sound, and others, but I still have a few specific questions. Like everyone else it seems, I'm looking to replace the stock 8" underseat subs with the Earthquake SWS-8s. My initial thought was to power the 2 ohm subs with a PDX 2.150.

1. All I'm looking for here is a little more punch in the bass department. I want to run the SWS-8s as true subs, and running a larger dedicated sub will never be an option for me for space reasons, so there will be no need to upgrade the amp later. That being the case, would there be any benefit for me to run a bridged PDX 4.150 to 4 ohm SWS-8s?

2. I have an '09 E92, and I want to get the left trunk trim piece for the cd changer. Can anyone confirm that the part number I need is 51477122411? Also, is the little door (51477139441) included with that trim piece or do I need to order it separately?

3. I saw that Technic mounted a couple of PDX amps in the same location. Any specific recommendations for the mounting? Would it be helpful to have an OEM bracket?

4. Has anyone drawn up a wiring diagram for this install? That would make it stupid easy. If not, I suppose I could muddle through it and do one myself for others to follow later. The one thing I hate doing is removing all the trim pieces, but since everything is already in the trunk (other than mounting the new subs), that's not a big deal.

Thanks in advance, gentlemen.