View Single Post
      10-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
budski
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 SSII E92 DCT ZCP

Video: BE 1500PSI Prosumer Pressure Washer with MTM Foam Cannon

Alright, so I tried out the BE 1500 psi Prosumer 1.6gpm pressure washer with the foam cannon.

Overall, this pressure washer doesn't have the pressure/GPM as a gas unit but is perfect for washing a car.

The unit has a slight hesitation when you pull the trigger but it seems like most, if not all, electric pressure washers experience this. The amount of noise from the BE 1500psi is substantially less than the $99 Greenworks 1500psi unit and much higher quality. If I wanted, I could use this in the middle of the night and not worry about waking the neighbors.

The unit was $360 but uses an induction motor, which is much quieter than the standard universal motor, and utilizes a rebuild-able metal triplex pump.

What is odd though, the circuit breaker that I'm using is a 15 amp and doesn't pop while in use but if I let it sit there idly, it'll pop. To mitigate this, with success, I turn the unit off when it'll be sitting there for more than a few moments. Kind of annoying but if you have a 20 amp breaker, you'll be fine.

Pros:
High Quality
Whisper Quiet
Adequate Pressure (1500psi)
Small (18" x 10")
Integrated Adjustable Pressure Nozzle

Cons:
25ft hose is about 5ft too short to wash a car without re-positioning unit
Low 1.6 GPM (takes longer to rinse than a standard hose)
No wheels (purchased a utility cart from Ace Hardware that I also use to organize my supplies)

[u2b]http://youtu.be/-y74Kz8CTs4[/u2b]

ESS VT2 625 | Brembo 380mm F/R | Stack Gauges | Meisterschaft GT | KW V3 | Perf Steering Wheel | Challenge GT Lip | Perf CF Spoiler | CF Mirror Caps

Tundra TRD Rock Warrior
Appreciate 0