GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_MO View Post
If you want a Porsche...buy a REAL Porsche. 911 is the way to go...your pocket says which one (996,997,991...NA or Turbo).

M3 is better than any 987 or 981. And I'm a Porsche freak! I have a Cayenne TT and a 911 SC...have had all 996s(including 996TTS) and a 997 4S all AMAZING driving machines...the Boxster is a really nice roadster but the cayman is useless if you don't track it VERY often(it makes sense only at the track!). IMHO!
I think you're behind the times with the "real porsche" my friend ... I think the new boxsters and caymans will be winning comparos if only due to value and daily driveability.

I've only had one BMW, my 2011 e93 M3. I definitely like it, but it's more of a track car IMO; on a daily basis below 50mph it's a lurchy ponderous boat of a car ... it also isn't much of a "canyon car" imo.

Not to say it's not a GREAT car - it is - one of the best. But for my next car I'll be looking for that top down canyon daily driver and it's looking like the boxster will win that contest by a lot.

The pre 2013 boxster is just too girly for me - no offense to anyone. Frankly if there's one thing the e93 wins at it's being a 'vert that's not girly ... no easy feat!
Appreciate 0