goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP M3 View Post
2 Questions:

Topped up my oil 2 weeks ago and everything was fine with the level reading below maximum until yesterday, when the reading now says that my oil level is higher than maximum and recommends going to the Stealer. It has remianed like that today also. I hate these electronic measurements and definitely prefer the old school dip stick.

Has anyone had this issue?

My check light for the rear right signal light comes on sporadically. Every time I check, the blinkers are working fine. Gremlins??

Thanks
The oil thing happened to me just last week. Coming home from vacation when I stop the car a warning symbol showing an oil can pops up and a warning on the i-drive says add a quart of oil. Now I know that the oil measurment system does not give really consistent readings from one start to another so I wait a day to see if the warning repeats. It does, 3 times in a row. So I add a quart (a litre actually, 1.05 US quarts), like it asked me to. It then says I've overfilled it, go see the dealer.

It was going in for another reason that week anyway so the dealer drained and measured the oil as a check, then put it all back in. All under warranty. The funny thing is that the morning I was driving it to the dealer it finally said that the oil level was at max but ok. They still checked it and the oil level sensor.

I told the SA that I really wished the car had a dip stick and his response was yeah, tell me about it. I think they get that a lot.

This event cost BMW money for a warranty claim. I don't see why they don't put a dip stick in the car.
Appreciate 0