10-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #13
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
The main reason for this is that most of their talent isn't eligible for the free agent market yet.

What’s the chance they can win it all? They almost shit the bed against the Sox, so I wouldn’t really call them a ‘hot’ team right now. Their inexperience showed with all of the errors, but they had strong starting pitching, and generally good relief.

It will be interesting when they go to Philadelphia and don’t have the cushion of the DH spot. Without solid starts, they’ll have to dig into their bullpen and bench when the batting order comes back around to the pitcher’s spot.

I don’t think the Phillies have strong enough pitching to hold down the Rays. If the Rays lose it’ll probably come down to errors in the field and poor managing (Maddon needs to stop trotting Wheeler out there).

It’s good to see this team have people rooting for them. I just wonder how many of these fans could have named 5 players on the team at the beginning of the season.
I think the Rays have a pretty strong bullpen. I'm not too nervous if they have to resort to it early on.

I have to agree with everything you said though, spot on. The Rays had a lot of errors during the ALCS, whereas the Sox were virtually error-free.

I'm just glad I don't have to watch Youkilis go up at bat again. I don't know how he does it. Everything he does is so wrong it ends up being right. I don't get it.
Appreciate 0