View Single Post
      05-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #65
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, f31 330, f31 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
For the sake of not wasting too much time, I am copying some stuff from the e-mail I sent you a few minutes ago just so everyone knows what's going on:

Let's get the record straight Warren. I don't owe you anything. You are not entitled to anything based on what I signed. Legally, once the tires left my hands in the condition I stated them to be in, they are not my responsibility. Perhaps if you had pointed out any damage (if it existed) before you got them mounted, I would've refunded your money. A photo of the inside of each tire showing any damage BEFORE mounting would've sufficed. Bubbles the size of my fist on TWO tires, AFTER getting the tires mounted... that's not weird to you but me offering you compensation is weird?

Any court of law will uphold my side of the story. My offer for compensation is out of my feeling bad for you. You seem like a good guy. I am trusting you when you say you didn't cause the bubbles. Please don't take advantage of me here. I don't see what you have to lose. You are not going to use the tires anyway and no one is going to buy bubbled tires. Give me the tires back and you get the money.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, while making me pay for your negligence. All I want to do is inspect the tires, maybe try the local Michelin dealer, and then see what happens from there. If you are worried about a missed opportunity and that somehow I can get my dealer to warranty them where you couldn't, then you're free to go try 200 different dealers right now while the tires are still in your possession.

I've wasted enough time on this for today. I really do want to come to an amiable agreement with you Warren - anyone else would have left you high and dry. I do believe my offer is fair and I will not budge on it.

You can have $100 and you keep the tires and do whatever you want with them OR you can have $250 and you send me the tires - I will provide the shipping label. This is the bottom line. I think most of our fellow members will agree that I am already being more than fair by giving you any compensation at all.

I will not be OK with anyone else compensating you for this so please don't bring them into this.
Well folks, whats your thoughts? Is the seller being generous to me or not?

2006 M3 ZHP in IB (Crashed) | 2005 M3 ZHP in IB (Sold)
2004 M3 in IR - Current
2018 330ix Wagon - Current
2017 328d Wagon - Current
Appreciate 0