View Single Post
      07-10-2013, 02:02 AM   #39
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Cutting pads such as green and orange are to eliminate inperfections. Combing such with a cutting agent (v34,36) will eliminate most visible marks, but in order to achieve desired cut the pad is formed harsh enough to remove a thin layer of clearcoat eliminating those nasty Scrathes but leaving light swirls and holograms on your finish. This is where the polishing pads come in. White. Blue. Black. Using those pads that corrected (cut) clearcoat is ready for a polish to bring the shine back to the paint and remove very minor swirls that you are noticing.
When working inside please prepare a led light to help you spot such areas.
In your case I would just polish each section without cutting and that should fix your problem. After that jetseal/opticoat and your set.
Thanks... I will try then to just redo the M3 using the Deep Reflections XP One step polish with a white pad...

Do i need to do something to strip the M Seal back off? Or can I polish through with the white pad? Anythoughts of a rinseless method to strip off the sealant? As i dont really have much of a water source in my condo.

When I do my wife's VW CC I guess I'll just plan on using deep reflections on a white pad to prep the paint for sealant on the hood... If that doesnt work too well I will drop down to V36.

As far as led light... I was using my mountain bike led light... A 900 ish lumen Jet Light branded light. I think the white paint plus my LED was so bright that the shine/ glare made it difficult to see the swirls.
Appreciate 0