View Single Post
      07-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I think the performance difference is negotiable between the 18" vs 19", the biggest difference comes from tire changes. I can tell you the RE-11 is a BIG improvement over the PS2's.

I took some on-ramps this morning and I will tell you on brand new tread the PS2's side walls rolled over and scrubbed causing a huge grip decrease, while the RE-11's they just held and gripped. The PS2's took about 4K miles before they wouldn't scrub anymore.

IMO the 18" offer better ride quality, the 19" provide better performance as the turn-in is crisper and there is less side wall flex. There is a HUGE amount of side wall on the stock 18's for a sports oriented car.

I know a lot of people on these boards disagree with this but, I think the 19's perform better. There was even an article recently where Edmunds said the 19's provide a slight performance increase but at the cost of ride quality.

Also I believe it has been proven that the stock 19" wheels are actually slightly lighter than the stock 18"s

Again, this is just my opinion, but what what I have personally seen and felt, it holds true.

I don't see why one can't put tires with the same height on 18" wheels as on the 19" wheels. I think 265-285 35 18 on the car should be good especially with RE-11's on there.
Appreciate 0