View Single Post
      04-13-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
LimiTed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow

Is every fox red interior a different color?

New owner here. Picked up my car a little less than a month ago from Steve Thomas BMW. Great buying experience and I would like to thank GOLFFRR, Ryan, and the team over there for everything. The car did however have a manufacturing defect in the extended leather. I don't live close enough to take it back so I went to a local dealer where we get our other cars serviced. They had a BMW rep come out and check the defect and agree that it isn't normal. Now the dealer said they could have an upolstery guy come out and try to fix the dash and that's what I should do. The other option would be to get a new piece, however they say that if I do, there's a chance that it won't match because the leather for the car is dyed all at once and replacement pieces are different colors. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? I'm not too thrilled that I paid for an option that with either route probably won't look right. Shelling out 75k for a car, I would expect that it would be their responsibility to make sure that the end product is as promised. The dealer is going to call me back when they can schedule their interior guy. Im wondering if this is BS so that they don't have to order a new part? Thanks in advance for any input/advice
Appreciate 0