View Single Post
      08-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #120
hotpants
Private
Rep
Drives: MB 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by revster View Post
Where in this broke-ass economy are they gonna get that money?
You think building all the facilities for a modern F1 race in Texas to the tune of 500 million dollars has a realistic chance of happening in two years?

Not even Jerry Jones could pull that off.
Jerry built cowboys stadium during the peak of the depression in 2yrs to a total cost of 1.2 billion dollars. he put up half of that in his own money. texas wasn't hit as hard by the recession as the other states which is a big reason a lot of people are moving to texas now. if a racetrack is gonna be built Texas has ability and money to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmermaniac View Post

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/artic...ER_PERRY/23832

Seriously are you joking, you only wish you could live here in Northern California.... get real.

look at who wrote the article you posted. if you wanna question our budget get some facts written by someone not trying to unseat the incumbent for Governor. FYI, I am anti-Perry and his toll roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
So true, this state is as messed up as California, just late to realize it. I moved from Laguna Beach to Dallas last year because of a job, and while Austin is 10% better than Dallas, it's a huge margin behind LA, SF or just about any coastal town in California.

I'm excited about the F1 race, I have family in Austin and will certainly go, but it would be much more fun if it were in a big city.
gotta disagree there. ive been to NY, LA, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Dallas and various other big cities. There is no other place in the World I would rather live than in Austin. To me this city is Paradise because it is not too big and not too small. its just right. So I guess we can just agree to disagree here.
Appreciate 0