View Single Post
      08-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #19
shchow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 CTS-V sedan, black raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
What? Don't you heel/toe any car with a manual transmission? Why would a GT3 or Vette require heel/toe more or less than any other sporty car driven hard?
+1,
Didn't understand the original comment.
It's the same as rev-matched downshifting in autos/automated manuals to prevent loss of momentum and engine braking.
Don't understand why it would be any more or less driving any manual aggressively...
If anything, I would imagine that less experienced drivers would be less inclined to heel-toe with cars that are difficult to control due to enormous power to weight ratio for fear of loss of control in the turn...

A little off-topic...
I was reading an article addressing unintended vehicle acceleration in Consumer Reports, and it stated that many manufacturers place a fail-safe in the car so that when the brake is depressed, the throttle is automatically cut-off.
It included BMW as one of the manufacturers that have this feature.
I then thought if that was the case, it would be impossible to perform heel-toe downshifts. Unless this feature is only in automatics and not in manuals?
I wondered if anyone has an answer...

Last edited by shchow; 08-01-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0