07-15-2010, 03:50 AM   #51
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
My intolerance of double standards has a lot to do with my still being single I'll admit it. You want flowers? I want hockey tickets!... give and take etc... anyway.....

[............ edited-out for sake of room.............]

-BMW2006
I thoroughly enjoyed reading that. I can't believe you sat down to write so much, but it was a good read. Thanks.

I really agree with you on several points:

1) No gray scale for men: This is so true. I've noticed that when I fight with my buddies, I usually have a very white and black mentality. I either hate his guts and "that's IT" between us, or, he's alright. But, I also agree with the Justice method, since men tend to drop past conflicts and become friends again after a period of time.

2) The way women never stop hating other women: You know, I never really understood why some of the girls I've met in my life held such powerful grudges. Like, they wouldn't let them go -- they just couldn't. It makes sense though that they'd do everything to destroy the image of the other girl though, since relationships are the most important to women. This one definitely shed some light for me.

3) The intimacy in face-to-face: I watched a video by a Dr. Helen Fisher (she does world-leading research on human attraction, relationships, and love). She said that, looking from an evolutionary stand-point, male hunters were in the hiding, looking past the bushes, making sure to get their prey. Because of this side-by-side interaction while hunting together, men evolutionary developed a way of communicating without the face-to-face intimacy. This is most likely why when you're talking to your buddy about important problems, the both of you don't make a lot of eye contact. Instead you sit sort of side-by-side and look out somewhere while discussing.

Likewise, women developed an evolutionary means of "intimacy" through holding their young and looking at their faces. Which is why women tend to sit in front of each other and face each other when talking.

Good read. +1