09-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
ec_E92
Enginerd
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3,E36M3,957GTS,E39M5S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawwadh View Post
I actually bought the Dinan st 1 with cambers but was unimpressed with the drops in pics.. So I sold it.. I'm in between the Eibach and spec R but am really concerned about not losing anymore ride quality as the car is pretty stiff over bumps as it is
Jawwad,

Did you even install the Dinan kit?

I have the Eibach's and E36 bumpstops and have been pleased with performance on street and track while still keeping 4-season DD capability. I also have EDC. I chose this setup as it's the same as the Dinan Stage 1 kit (minus the shaved guide supports) and a fraction of the cost ($350 total new). The camber plates will raise the car several mm's, but not sure it's that noticeable over just Eibach's.

Which leads me to the question, what are you trying to achieve? Comfort ride with slammed look? You can't have both of these and unless you go into an adjustable coilover kit where you can dial in rebound, ride height, etc to your exact wishes, Dinan/Eibach is probably the setup you're looking for.

My takeaway after 1.5 years and 25k on the setup is the car has slightly less roll, dive and squat. I'd love to have a lower drop/stance with a firmer ride but it's not practical in the midwest if you're driving 4-seasons. Overall it's a subtle visual drop and just slightly firmer ride than stock springs.

Let me know if you want to check out my car again or go for a ride in it. I also have 18's, same as you if I recall? Maybe we can meetup at a Cars and Coffee before the season is over.

-Eric