07-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #308
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
One other thing.....

Just looked closely at my work order. My brakes were still "pulsating" after they repleaced the fronts last week so took it back in. Work order says: "road tested car and confirmed brake pulsation. Pad thickness-5mm. Replaced rear brakes and road tested. Found significently less pulsation. Pls note front rotors are starting to warp from excessive heat due to driving profile. Recommend aftermarket oversized brakes more suitable for track use."

They replaced my front brakes last Thursday!! So I drove it from Friday to Monday then had a track evening Monday night which was VERY easy night as track was wet (2.5hrs - approx 4 sessions, around 15 laps each) and my rotors are warping already!?!?!?!? WTF??? 4 days city driving and 1 lapping evening and my $1600 front brakes are going already!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
Not going to the track next Monday as went last Monday with Jay and going to the Exotic Day tomorrow (Sunday) from 9-4.

So after I had my front brakes done as I mentioned I was feeling a vibration while braking, especially on the track. Took it back to BMW and of course, my rear brakes needed replacing. So, $1200.00 for the rears (they did rotors as well which I think is bull). So that's $2800 for my brakes in total. The thing that really pissed me off....... 16.1 km on my car when I picked it up!! And the power button was on!!! (it stays in the last setting even once car turned off since I got the Dinan software).

Once Kevin is back.... I'm bitchin'.

These guys in the service department are shocking.
Is there no accountability there?
Did you try and buy the extended warranty?
Definitely going to swing by the track tomorrow to check out the Exotic's.
I hope it all works out.
Appreciate 0