01-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #54
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

^^^^
+1 on everything.
About the 4.0TFSI V8, no matter what type of forced induction is used on this engine, it will be easy to extract the extra 50 or so hp needed for it to be competitive on an S6 or S8. Unlike a NA engine, Audi will also be able to increase the torque in a vast amount or make it more broader.
And looking at the difference between the engines (3.0TFSI V6) in a S4/S5 and a normal A6, the hp has been increased by around 15%.(290hp vs 333hp) So if you take the same percentage increase (15%) and put it on the upcoming 4.0TFSI V8 rated at 394hp, you get a net of around 450hp.

And I won't be worried about the performance comparing this 4.0TFSI with the 5.2 V10. For e.g:
Just look at the new S4 (B8) already trouncing the old S4(B7) in a straightline even though it's 7hp down

And as you said and I have read articles on it before, the upcoming A6 and A8 will be lighter. So that will definitely help in acceleration and emissions.
Finally, I dont like Audi's unpredictability but I hope they come up with a great FI V8