View Single Post
      02-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #12
TreDirtyFive
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

After using the C300 for 3 shoots as a canon test loan I must agree to disagree with you on the quality of the footage over a dslr as being that dramatic. skin tones are still very canon dslr;even using a neutral flat color style it still presents that ever so lovely orange and pinkish cast (subjective of course). Color correct schemes on it are very similar in scope with shooting on my 5D. Although I will say it handles noise much better at high iso than its dslr counterparts and moire/rolling shutter is greatly reduced (not eliminated) as well. And, yes, you'll need to pay roughly 15K on a scarlet, before lenses, to have a fully functional camera but you can't argue near lossless 440MB/s data vs. mpeg-2 compressed 50MB/s footage. It's simply more information to work with.

Anyhow, at the end of the day, it's what is being shot and if the image is compelling to the narrative despite the subtleties in the actual cameras used...that's all that matters. There's a lot of cameras out there to help you gain beautiful imagery. The C300 is a fine enough camera and the form factor is wonderful but I still think there are better options out there in the category. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by TreDirtyFive; 02-12-2012 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0