View Single Post
      11-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #35
GPRAbmw
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Yes, the gap is not that much. From what I understand, the stroker is far from maxed out at 520 HP. There is much more power to be had. It can easily put out a lot more power due to the increased displacement.

Another thing is that the stroker lengthens the stroker, which means less top-end focused car giving it a much stronger midrange and low-end. You can see it in the torque figures, which are 427 ft-lbs of torque compared to a gain ~ 30 ft-lbs with bolt-ons and tune (which makes it around 330 - 335 ft-lbs crank) while both are much closer in HP numbers.

I believe pencilgeek with his stroker M3 dyno'ed after tune around 446 wheel HP, which is a good 46 wheel HP more than a fully tuned bolt-on M3 (~ 400 wheel HP).
Not bad, but the real test is to see what the trap speeds are. Im sure you know the trap speed is more indicitive of true power than a dyno, which can easily be manipulated.
I know the stroker lengthens the stroke making it a lower revving motor, giving way to the lower and mid range power, but I personally wouldnt want to kill the power at high revs.
Appreciate 0