View Single Post
      11-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #23
V8M3Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

The Shelby GT500 is a completely different animal compared to the M3. I just sold my GT500 and put in a order for an Alpine white 2010 BMW M3 Coupe.

I had a tremendous amount of upgrades for my GT500. I actually put down 712RWHP and 622 RWTQ with a Kenne Bell SC. There was no car that could catch me once going. I smoked Porsches, Vettes, BMW's, Audi's just to name a few. Top speed by a friend of mine after governor removed was 205 mph on the Autobahn. Traction was obviously an issue. :-)

The reason I switched was that after awhile the noise, vibrations, horrible weight distribution, crappy suspension setup etc, I had enough. It did not feel like the car worked as a unit but instead as a combination of different performance parts. There was no harmony there.

I actually learned that I enjoyed road racing far more than drag racing. After attending the 2009 Nurburgring 24h I knew why.

The only thing I don't like about the M3 is the minimal performance gains you get with aftermarket upgrades. A tiny increase of 10hp here or 15 tq there will not make any difference compared to the other beasts out there.
Appreciate 0