View Single Post
      03-09-2023, 07:48 PM   #15
buldogge
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '00 MCoupe, '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneS54 View Post
Thanks Mark, so the rubber didn't squirm or cause a concentric motion for that sleeve/tube? I'm surprised.

Interesting, too, to hear that you did 10mm. I've seen 8 and 8.5mm (.33") mentioned. I wonder what the point would be where it's be too short - I guess all the way up that tapered rubber? IDK, I'll probably just stick with 1/3".

In Re plates, I guess E46 is the big winner in that dept. of regaining travel. Glad you mention that, as I was contemptlating the sense in buying new stock mounts (not cheap) if I plan to move to coilovers in the future. I was worried it might not be a great idea with something like Ohlins, but if plates don't gain you any more travel anyway, I'd be set with my cutdown stock mounts.
Hey...It was several years ago, but I don't remember having any issues, and I'm pretty sure we settled on 10mm, as I'm running B6 Damptronics, and that's about the amount the ride height seemed to be raised...again, if I remember correctly.

I had a bit of a conversation with Jason @Vorshlag, and he mentioned that he couldn't get the stack height any less than stock, with the bearing being used...as I was asking about shaving down the bottom spacer/plate on his camber plates...but that is a no go.

-Mark
Appreciate 1
TboneS541043.00