Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshaw View Post
My best friend's mom will be dead from cancer before the weekend is out. I have no idea what to say to him when we talk. Anyone lose a parent / friend / relative to cancer who can provide me with words of inspiration or comfort for my friend?
My mom past in July from cancer. It was 6 days after my 23rd birthday .

Just be there from him. That held me up well. Having my friends be there for me was the best thing going. People I hadn't talked to in years showed up at her wake. It's still tough 8 months later.

Also, try not to bring the subject up, allow him to bring it up. I felt very uncomfortable when everyone wanted to talk to me about it. I got really touchy and wanted to tell people to leave me alone. If he's up for it try to go and say your own goodbye to his mom. That made me feel really good when my friends came by in the last days and just came in said hi and sat there for a little bit. His mom will prolly be really out of it and not talking anyhow so it's just being there that is key. My mom past on a Friday so that weekend sucked to say the least.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0