Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Active Supercharged

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
OP.... It sounds like you are more show than go anyways. Wanting 20" wheels and more power under 4000rpms and all. :

If you are going to drive the M3 like a M3 then go for the S/C and enjoy the added power all the way to redline. There are people that will back each S/C company and I'm backing ESS as I had it on my E90 M3 and loved the added gobs of power. Both ESS and VF offer an upgrade option if you want more power later, but I'm not site about G-Power. However, look at the power that the ESS entry-level kit is putting down. You'd have to upgrade the VF entry level kit just to compete with the power the ESS-535 kit is putting down. Just sayin!

At any rate there are plenty of guys on this forum to set up some ride-alongs, so meet up and test em out!

Anyone with a S/C entry level kit can hook this member up with a ride-along?

I am sure he meant he wants more low end grunt from the M3. Most people I know wish the same, that want more of a grunty Corvette like V8 and a centrifugal S/C will not do that for you.

Adding the 20" wheels will not really benefit you in your goals either (also depending on the wheel..)

I would recommend you to check your ECU Software version and make sure you are up to date. Having the latest ECU software can provide substantial gains especially in low end torque and part throttle driving if you are really out of date. Some people gain anywhere from 15-25whp and similar torque.

You will have to reload ESS software if you are doing an ECU update to a new software version.

That being said, if you want to go S/C then those 2 companies are good. Active makes a good product too which has a lot of mid range torque and power. Evolve is also releasing a kit soon.
Appreciate 0