View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #19
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
how about the stupid F figure on the front fender flap? uggggh!!!

I dont care about the badge. I do care about engineering, history and heritage, all of which the M3 has and Lexus does not. Japanese engineers are awesome....at copying others work. Japanese engineers ride the train to work, BMW engineers take the autobahn. The M3 is the real thing. The Lexus brand Toyota is a wanna be.

Its good BMW has competition to keep them on their toes and keep them honest, however I would never, never , ever buy the IS-F.
You do realize that BMW uses Japanese parts for their engines right, like the twin turbos from the 335's engine that is manufactured by Mitsubishi. Do you honestly think that BMW and especially the M division had a history and heritage from the begining. Answer is NO. BMW worked very hard to build it and earned it. Lexus is doing the same thing. And i guess that the fact that ISF is able to get 23mpg and avoid GGT and still perform as well as the M3 is not good engineering for you. Not to mention the GTR, i guess that's not good engineering either.
Appreciate 0