View Single Post
      04-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

What you'll find with this "sport" is a gentlemanly spirit and a willingness to help a fellow participant.

When I first started doing this, I used to pack everything under the sun, and that NEVER seemed to be enough. At just about every event I come to find something else I need. But guess what? Guys I share a paddox with stepped up and helped a noob out.

I pay them back by paying it forward. When someone needs a spare set of brake pads just to get home, I give them my spare street pads. If someone needed to borrow my shock adjuster, feel free as long as you put it back where you found it.

We (my friends and I) got to a point, since for a while we all drove the same cars, split up a list of thing to bring so we're not there packing and unpacking each day for hours before and after the event. If you want to avoid the same fate, I suggest you con some friends into joining you at the track in the future.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0