View Single Post
      09-06-2007, 11:45 PM   #15
El_T3ton
Infiltrator
Rep
Drives: Black 2008 Mustang GT

I own an 08 Mustang GT and traded in an 04 Mustang GT that was pretty heavily modified. While I think the 335i is a purposely luxurious and sporty coupe/sedan with impressive acceleration and close to M3 manerisms around a track, a lot of people would be surprised at how the S197 mustang has improved. The suspension is a lot tighter than before and the acceleration is very smooth.
The mustang is your typical American muscle car which does very well in a straight line and with minor modifications can handle as well as any track car.
I absolutely love my stang and with $2000 I am in the mid 12's in the quarter mile and having a great time at the track as well.
I don't think either car is better than the other, they are apples and oranges in my opinion.
One thing about the Saleens.. They have different models at different prices, the base model isn't even supercharged so it is your basic mustang with all the bolt ons. You want to look at a warrior check out the $80K Saleen Extreme at 700HP with warranty.

2008 Mustang GT 5sp: 4.10 gears, Steeda Axleback, Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates, Steeda CAI, XCAL2 w/Steeda Tune, Steeda Tri-Ax
Appreciate 0