View Single Post
      08-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #20
TX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 ///M3 E92 APW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmack View Post
I found a 2008 M3 recently with pretty much everything I want and has low miles. The "problem" is the nav system isn't the new iDrive system. Should I wait for an 09 to pop up? The only stealership in my area that has an 09 packaged the way I want is asking $59k for theirs! Even if I get them to come down the car will still be about $7k more.
The 09 system is much better; better resolution, brightness, overall feel of the layout, etc.
However, I've heard they want 10K more the for the 08 vs 09 year. Personally I feel the 10K difference is worth it since you're getting your money back on a newer car, less miles, better idrive and all things associated with a newer car. I made the choice to go with the 09 over the 08and other than my bummed 6MT, I'm in love with the car. It's spotless. The 1 year difference in age of the car will reflect on the value of it down the road and is probably worth the price difference. Especially if we're talking a car with low miles. I would not however go for an 09 with 50K miles on it. You should be looking at a car with 15K or less miles.

Cheers,
X.