View Single Post
      10-11-2009, 06:49 PM   #103
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

nope not confused. after 3 modded M cars i know what was covered and what wasn't while i watched others just have issues.

now you say dinan may have covered it, well they never gave me a hard time and i wouldn't of known the difference so that is good warranty to me.

people love to slam dinan but after 3 dinan cars and no issues with warranty, but hey i been wrong before

i won't agrue on the matter bc it is pointless people can believe what they want

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
I think you're assuming that Dinan modifications are still covered by BMW factory warranty -- which is unambiguously not the case.

So, let's say you are confronted with the same situation as the OP. You bend a valve, the dealer says you have a modified ECU -- in this case a Dinan ECU -- so they refuse to cover the repairs under a factory warranty. The dealer ends up voiding your engine warranty because you have a modified ECU. Do you really think Dinan is going to replace your bent valves and pick up your full engine warranty -- just because you bought their ECU upgrade?

I do not believe this to be the case.

Dinan warranty vs. dealer coverage has been discussed ad-nauseum. If there is any confusion about this, I suggest looking up one of those threads.
Appreciate 0