View Single Post
      08-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #20
ILLCOMM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
I love the prognosticators who say the 09 M's will have the new iDriver in the US. I still haven't seen it in print anywhere. From a business point of view, introducing the new iDriver in the 09 M's just doesn't make any sense -- as it will REALLY piss off the 08 buyers. I'm on record saying it won't happen (at least not on the E92).

For all of you guys so sure that it will, I'll bet you $100 it won't. PM me if you're interested in the bet.
BTW, this is my "official" input:

My question to BMW:

Quote:
Will September production e92 M3's heading to the United States have the update iDrive system? The information on this topic is scattered and it is hampering my decision to order an 08 or 09.
Their response:

Quote:
Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for your patience while I researched your inquiry. The E90 will have the refreshed iDrive system in it. Although no official announcement has been made about the E92, it is anticipated that it will. We will probably not have an official answer until closer to the date of production.

Sincerely,

Laurie Burkland
Customer Relations and Services
Representative
As far as I am concerned that closes the book on the e90. The e92 is still very much up in the air!
Appreciate 0