05-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #80
FRajput
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E93 M3 - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
Don't have a MAF, we use MAP/alpha-n.

"From front to rear, the entire flow of intake air in the new eight-cylinder power unit does not require the usual hot-film air mass flow meter with its obligatory sensors. Instead of determining engine load by means of such elaborate sensors, therefore, which would also create disadvantages in air guidance due to the geometry of the components involved, the V8 power unit of the new BMW M3 uses the engine control unit to perform this function. To do this, the system determines engine load under current driving conditions by taking the position of the throttle butterfly and idle adjuster, the position of the VANOS control unit, engine speed, air temperature and air pressure into account. This, in turn, gives the engineers at BMW M GmbH new freedom in the configuration and optimisation of the engine air intake process. And at the same time this management concept operates with maximum reliability." -- BMW press release 3/22/07

OH WOW I feel stupid. Thanks so much man. This is the first car that I myself have bought and am absolutely terrified with this euro technology

So will the Meth screw up the sensor before the plenum or throw codes?

2015 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 ... Luxury Package ... Sport Package ... Premium Package ... Tech Package
Appreciate 0