View Single Post
      05-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #31
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellnyc View Post
That's awesome! Seriously, I have to drive the car up to Watkins Glen in June (hee hee) and am planning to wear earplugs so I won't be completely wiped out by the time I get there.

Nice, my interior is red too, though you can't see it in the pics. By way, although the car has much less torque than the bmw and has to be wound up to really get some pull, I think people underestimate how light the car really is when thinking about acceleration. In other words, I was dead even with a brand new G35x yesterday off the line to about 40 or 50 mph. I shifted at about 5k in first because the car isn't broken in yet (plus, I'm not a street racer), but that wasn't even anywhere near the car's powerband, when the second cam opens up at 6.5k and the car takes off up to 8.5k (a brief overrev in low gears is allowed beyond the 8k redline). Once I get past 1k miles (I'm at about 125 right now after the weekend) and have my first service, I will be able to unwind that engine the right way. Interestingly, the car feels like it's near redline (in terms of noise and vibration) at 4k, so I can't imagine what it will sound and feel like at 8.5k.
Well, my bro and I raced from a stop light 1 brief time...this was after he had the air intake installed but before his nitrous setup. He got a quick jump on me (in my PROcede 335i Coupe) mainly because I forgot to turn on DTC and got some wheel/tire spin, but I quickly caught up and past him very quickly by ~50mph...my 380BHP and 445+ lb.-ft. TQ was too much for him. However, now with his NO2 bottle setup, I'm fairly certain he'd beat me with his 1,900lb. Elise. It's a great, fun exotic car...enjoy and don't forget to yell "V-Tech" after that 6.5k rpm mark when the 2nd cam opens up!!!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0