jagman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
:
My thoughts precisely. I think a 9th grader in shop class could do a better job welding. The funny thing is I asked a secondary salesman whether the exhaust was legal and the response was is it passed smog testing. I said, "yes, but is it legal". The response... "it passed smog testing". I knew right then and there that he was full of #)%& but I let it go because he wasn't the main guy and ultimately the car had too many other plusses. I asked him earlier today to get back to me with the shop that did the work so I could talk to them directly. He's supposed to call back with that info on Tuesday. We'll see.

The sound... I think it sounds pretty good though it drones on cold start and lower RPMs. Good thing I like to keep her up in the strength of the power band . But seriously, one of the reasons I am thinking about the ESS tune is to help with the cold start and of course taking advantage of the exhaust. I want to speak with the shop first, though, in case they already did some sort of tune.
2008 AW E92 M3: Stage II and DCT tune by BPM Sport, convenience coding + coding for mDrive w/Euro MDM (no iDrive) & alarm retrofit by BPM Sport, Fox Red interior, ESS midpipe, Corsa slip on exhaust, carbon fiber M Performance spoiler, black grills, black OEM M3 ZCP 19" wheels, 15/12mm spacers and AW painted reflectors
Appreciate 0