View Single Post
      03-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #29
J-Sud
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

I have also heard of a good joke...

lim GPA->0 (Engineering Major) = Business major

Anyway, I am graduating with a BS in Electrical Engineering from A&M. I def. agree with the tech. degree then get a MBA. Thats my plan at least.

just my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
There's a saying in engineering: "You can always hire an engineer to do a business man's job, but you can't hire a business man to do an engineer's job".

Thousands of engineers every year go into MBA programs. They'll always have that degree, and they can't take it away from you. Even at this point in my career, with over 10 years of experience and a lovely position in middle management any job I look at still wants to see that I have an engineering degree. I won't use it, but that degree means something. It's as hard or harder than any other major you can do in college.

The one thing that I see engineering college teach better than any other is problem solving. Whether it's a mechanical problem, electrical, industrial or business problem, the problem solving skills taught in engineering school will serve you through your whole life (except with women - that's a whole different story).

All of my friends that have completed med school and were engineers as undergrads, or completed law school with an undergrad in engineering agree - med school and law school have nothing on engineering school. An MBA is a joke compared to engineering school!
Appreciate 0