View Single Post
      12-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #43
Peteypab2133
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 GT500 on order / E90 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
The tuning shop was CBRD. Not some shop taking a stab at tuning. Sure, putting a metal pipe on your car is an option, but having quality parts that prolong and enhance performance was the goal. Any shop can crank up the boost and dyno impressive numbers at the expense of your engine. I was just weighing in on my first hand experience with both cars. I enjoyed my Evo, but it was time to move on. I'm not sure who doesn't know how to change their oil, but why do it yourself when BMW does it for you.
CBRD is a great shop. Its like walking into a hospital it was so clean.

From my understanding and talking to a few people who ran the dyno there they claimed that the dyno is very low reading. So much so that it is less than the mustang at buschur racing.

I feel guilty because I was being such a douche earlier, but I was trying to not be biased. I know I am an evo owner, I own a E90 as well, and was planning to purchase either an E92 m3 or a new 1m next year. BUT, I am still thinking that over.

Both cars are great, they are just 2 total different machines, and do 2 total different things.

The M3 truly is a track monster, and looks great too. I think the price is a tad inflated and that similar performance can be had for half the price, but at the cost of losing the luxury stand point.

At this point I am going to step down from the argument and try to salvage my rep here lol.

have a merry xmas all

2013 GT500 + 2006 E90
Appreciate 0