View Single Post
      12-03-2010, 03:19 AM   #32
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSK77 View Post
Couple of things to clear up the confusion re: my choice of Alfa Romeo [to everyone else I know I am but this is obviously important to clear up so do forgive my digression and bear with me...]

The Alfa Romeo model I referred to is not just any Alfa from the bygone era of the 70's, but in fact a limited edition bespoke 500 unit model run developed for some of the world's most highly regarded car collectors. Case in point: The first American-market 8C was seen in November 2008, wearing "001 USA" registration plates. The car was purchased by film director and stock exchange magnate James Glickenhaus, also known for being the owner of the bespoke and absolutely insane Enzo-based Ferrari P4/5.

Racing pedigree: The 8C Competizione was introduced at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2003. The lines of the twin seater are meant to echo the styling of Alfas of the 1950s and 1960s, and the "Competizione" name is a reference to the 1948 6C 2500 Competizione, which competed in the 1949 and 1950 Mille Miglia race and came third both times.

An 8C Competizione was featured on the main sculpture at the 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed. Probably one of the most exclusive annual car events in Europe.

Powertrain: The car uses a modified Maserati platform and powertrain and features a Ferrari/Maserati derived 90 degree cross-plane wet sump lubricated 4.7-litre V8 assembled by Ferrari producing over 440hp, with a 7500 redline and capable of 190+ mph. The 6 speed transaxle electronic gearbox can shift in 175 milliseconds when using Sport mode. The 8C also has a limited slip differential.

Performance: It is fitted with specially developed 20 inch tires: 245/35 at the front and 285/35 at the rear, fitted on perforated rims in fluid moulded aluminium. The 8C brakes have been called "phenomenal" by Road & Track magazine, with a stopping distance of 32 metres (105.0 ft), when travelling at an initial speed of 60 mph.

But the above to me means absolutely nothing, nada, a big zero.

So why do I love the 8C Competizione? Because it is one of the most beautiful car designs I have seen in my life time; the word Timeless comes to mind. Obviously my very own biased opinion. It pays homage to its racing pedigree in a very modern way.

And the exhaust note the engine delivers is simply incredible. I would park this car in my living room and stare at it like a piece of art.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Exhibit D | The 8C Competizione Spider version...

& finally...check out one of the most incredible exhaust notes known to mankind...well not quite but you'll get the point.

Case closed. Just so we are on the same page, I am still buying the M3 Sedan
my car was a beauty too but couldnt run. piece of crap
Appreciate 0