View Single Post
      05-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
ef11
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan M-Sport

I can't think of any job you could get in the automotive industry that would allow you to do all of the things your current job has. Obviously some people are able to, but I would have to think the vast majority of people in that industry do not make very good money.

With a finance degree, you could always start thinking about an MBA. MBAs allow you to have a focus in certain areas, granted it wouldn't be automotive, but it could get you into a much different industry than you are in now.

A masters in engineering (as someone else mentioned) is also definitely an option if you really want to go to school for a few more years. I could have gotten a masters in 3 more semesters, but that is because I already have an engineering degree. I'm not sure how many semesters you would need to get a masters in engineering without a bachelors in engineering. I would think it would take over 2 years.

No job really is perfect though...I've only been working for a little over a year, but I would tell you that things can change extremely quickly. I just got offered a new job with my company and it is a very different job than I have now, so it will seem like a new exciting world to me.

Keep your head up and be thankful you are in the situation you are in now, would be my advice.
Appreciate 0