04-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #280
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
so i have a question, how come ADV.1 is able to put rims on sooo many high end exotics? do these people just not know? or... what? I'm not trying to bash, but this thread seems pretty apparent of their quality, so i'm curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Yes you are right in this matter, but I just wanted to clarify to people about who is who.
Because ADV and 360forged produce wheels that look good. They don't meet safety standards.

Marketing is everything now a days, perception plays a big role here. People automatically think that the wheels are quality just because Ferrari/Super car owners roll on them. Most super car owners don't even drive their car, surely enough the "safety" of these kinds of wheels can be never tested in real life scenarios by supercar owners.

Forged wheels are like breast implants, sure they look like a million dollars but they will never come close to feeling like the real thing. Silicone or materials used in the breast implant could be fatal to the person in the short or long-run just like using lower grade materials (third world country imports) for forging a rim.

I am not trying to technically "bash" on a company, but I just want to keep the buyers aware of what they are truly getting.

Here we are with some more information to back my claim.

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/cor-llc

http://www.importgenius.com/supplier...yin-industrial

Now you can throw this "proudly made in USA" idea in the trash. Any so called "american made" forged wheel is just as bad as Rota's made in the philippines...

Knowledge is everything in this world, it is what keeps us safe and make the right choices. I hope you guys understand I do love the look of forged wheels, but the quality is what sets me back from actually owning them.

Last edited by playground; 04-28-2013 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0