GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Manual vs. DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown08 View Post
I'm shocked that you can't just admit that you're intentionally doing something the hard way (manual).

And then admit that it would be more fun to 'earn' your lunch the hard way too.(hunt) But you don't do that.

For the millionth time, all I'm saying, is that since nobody complains about not being able to 'earn' their lunch, why do so many complain that DCT prevents them from 'earning' their shift?
Your argument is a real stretch. I'm open to DCT, but I do worry that the loss of immediate control over things like the exact feathering of the clutch, being able to blip the throttle, and the lesser involvement in the process will dilute the experience.

Let me use another example. If you could have sex instantly with a woman (assuming you're a straight male) by just flipping a switch, would that be as satisfying as the whole foreplay and game that proceed the actual act? I don't think so (unless you're a serial rapist). Now I may be stretching the point, but it's not black and white that one is better than the other.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0