Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
+2

I was at a Porsche dealer yesterday. Sat in a CaymanS and a 911S. Very nice. I inquired about the discounts the cars are selling at. He said about $5k under MSRP for the Cayman and $4k for the 911. That's just chatting and asking. I wonder what would happen if one was to negotiate. If it wasn't for the rear seats in the M3...
Man - that is so tempting. I have owned several Bimmers -and first one in the family was my Dad's (back in '79). But, since I was 10 or so I have always loved the 911 - and this is my (hopefully) attainable dream.

So, an M3 would still be a transition to Carrera S ownership. But if the wait is too long, and the pricing is not right - then the kinds of deals you are talking about are definitely causing my mind to wander.

And, I DON'T need the rear seats! We have a 540iT for my wife and a minivan for the dogs; and no kids to tote about - so a coupé is all mine, greedy me, mine! So, practicality is not an issue - which leaves me conflicted

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i

Last edited by Voltigeur; 12-22-2007 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0