View Single Post
      06-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #45
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Ok, I'm not going to defend my previous statement as I couldn't get my point across the way I wanted and just feel like an idiot now, but I do believe a MT is more fun than paddles any day of the week. It's just that these cars have gotten too "advanced" for MT thus are going the DCT/PDK path. Chris Harris actually said exactly what I said when he pointed out that if the car were manual, he would have to work a lot harder for the car to perform the way it does and it would be overload for him. I learned how to drive on a MT back home in Europe (where 95% of the cars driven are manual, lol) and in the states my first car was manual. I now drive an auto but half the time I'm in manual mode because it is more exciting.
I do agree that the PDK will extract every ounce of performance from that car. Some cars are techno tour de forces and paddle shifters fit their character. I can't imagine an MP4 with anything but a paddle box.

The 911, however, is a car of tradition - that's what makes the break from MT tough to swallow.
Appreciate 0