11-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Nice quick review Guss. My father actually owns the Tesla 2-door and is taking delivery of the 4-door next month (he has a bunch of cars so he likes to try different things).

The 2-door is a straight rocket, and a toy. Also good for the winter as it has a substantial amount of weight over the rear tires. I 100% love driving that car though, I have driven it daily for several days in a row and it's extremely user-friendly and easy to drive despite the fact you feel 2 inches from the road (it has very good front clearance). The steering wheel is comically small, similar to a Logitech video game wheel.

CMK, I have also driven the Fisker for awhile, as my father was considering that as well. 1 word describes it: HYPE. It's kind of cool because when you're inside it, looking over the front you feel like you're in the batmobile because of all the cool curves and lines of the hood.

The car is massive, slow (compared to the tesla), and gets much worse range. Add to that the fact that it makes a very odd 'whurrrring' noise as you're driving (simulated sound so pedestrians will hear you coming), and it becomes a little odd. The backseats are really small, and the trunk is no bigger than the Tesla roadster haha. Really, it's ridiculously small.

The Fisker LOOKS cool, but that's where the intrigue ends. I think the next primary electric vehicle will be the likes of a Volt, which is 1/2 and 1/2. EVENTUALLY we'll see more mass-produced all-electrics.
I've been in a Fisker several times and I agree with all your points. Slow, but great to look at.

I don't think were ever going to see a large variety of all-electrics simply based on the limited range and long charging times. I think the swing will be to hydrogen fuel cells in the future
Appreciate 0