View Single Post
      02-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #121
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

BMRLVR, the potential for bad main bearings in '08 cars (as well as some '11s) is REAL, as it has happened to several stock cars, so you can't say it's not an issue 'at all'. Granted, the chance of that happening is minimal, but it's there, whether you admit/like it or not. Am I paranoid about it? Of course not. Am I worried about it under warranty? Nope. Am I worried to keep car after warrant because of it? Yes, but mostly because the typical mileage where it surfaces is higher than I'll have when warranty runs out. But more than that, I worry that not even trained techs can catch many problems the M3 has and has had. Many dealers still don't get the idle valve issue right until the second or third time, and only because hundreds of other cars have had it. BMW did a poor job of designing the troubleshooting capabilities on this car. It's a major inconvenience under warranty. It'd be a nightmare without it. BUt sill considering keeping it; I'll evaluate that when the time comes in about 2 years. Later.
Appreciate 0