07-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #41
Krockit1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Spot On

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterJon View Post
I have owned e92 with and without. Here's my opinion. If you are ordering car new, no doubt include the premium. If you are shopping used for the perfect car, do not let non-premium sound turn you off to a car that has all other options. It is good, but not that good.
This is spot on advice. But unless BMW has improved it, you will be upgrading. I passed up probably 10 cars that spec'ed exactly the way I wanted... except no premium sound. Came from an '06 330i that had Logic 7 OEM system that was just incredibly good. My home system is pretty high end and music is a big part of my life so I wanted the best BMW had to offer. Premium in this M3 is fair at best and I am going to have to upgrade amp and subs just to get any kind of bass response. Had I known, I would have ended up buying with a full stereo replacement in mind. Mids and highs are ok, but I listen to a wide range of styles and have to constantly reset the EQ to get the sound right. Very disappointing system.

All that in mind I hardly ever listen- the sound of the car is so good, why get in the way of that music!
Appreciate 0