08-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
You have a point maybe some people will wait for a straight from the factory cf roof but the point was resale value. It's impossible for it to go down when that much money was put into it and a company like ind backing it up. I don't see alot of e46 m3 out there for sale with cf roofs just sitting around...
I don't understand your E46 reference as related to this. You bet your ass it's possible for the asking price to go down because of a replaced roof. IND is all-good, but they're not BMW AG, and that's not a standard feature of that particular car. It would be like adding DCT to a 6MT car, and expect to your money back out of the conversion. As well as turning off a large percentage of potential buyers. I don't care what the OP ends up doing, but don't kid yourself about the impact it has in regards to resale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights407 View Post
I'm not necessarily worried about resale value as to me this car will always be a collectible.
FYI, it wouldn't be considered a "collectible" when you start body panel mods like that, any more than if you had a $1M Ferrari from the 60s and cut some t-tops in it

Hey man, it's your car, you do what makes it fun for you.
Appreciate 0