View Single Post
      08-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #57
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Not really. Simply pointing out the nonsense behind these posts which state the decision between a new 911 and a M3 hinges on some kind of financial rationale. One is significantly more expensive than the other however you look at it. Regardless of a 55k or 65k M3 base price. Period. So if you can afford the 911, your decision to buy a M3, if that's the car you want, cannot be based on finances. You don't seem to be able to get that, and that's fine. I don't care about how you spend the money you do or do not have.

In the context of the broader discussion on the anticipated M3 US pricing on this forum, the reasoning I have outlined, which has also been outlined by others, simply point out that the 911 will never become an alternative to the M3 from a financial perspective--as long as BMW doesn't price it at $75k.

If the BMW has enough performance, then perhaps he will buy that over the P-car, because to him it offers a more refined ride ( ), or possibly more luxury and less fatigue..etc

You basing YOUR decision on performance alone, VS money. Perhaps that is not his criteria...?

Owning and driving a Porsche are great memories, I'm sure. But, there is a certain stigma that goes with them... they are uncomfortable after extended use and the noise level..etc.

So perhaps what he is saying is that after driving the new M3 himself, it may "offer" the necessary HP and handling he requires in a car and the fact it's $15k cheaper doesn't matter, because now he can use that car to go golfing in....

-Garrett
Appreciate 0