02-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackz View Post
Dublin, I would recommend staying in the Temple Bar district or close to it. Anywhere near Grafton street would be good, thats where most of the action is, great bar scene and nightlife and central for everything in the city. I was unable to venture outside of the city because we were only there for 2 days then we went off to Cork for 2 days.

GUINESS = A MUST. Its just something you gotta do. Take your student ID should you have one, saves you money on alot of things over there. We checked out alot of the old churches and parks in Dublin and just kind of enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. Certainly there is more then that but thats really all we did. Still, it was great to experience the cutlure of Irish.
Temple Bar...I couldn't remember the name of it, but yes. My wife and I stayed at a Holiday Inn about a 1/2 mile away (we didn't mind walking to save money on a hotel). Great night life. Almost every bar had some local(s) playing Irish music on their guitar. Go in, order a pint, sit back and enjoy the culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle
I have only been to the airports of both and stayed in some hotels. I was on my way to Iraq though....
haha, yeah I stayed in Shannon airport once. They've got good beer too. well...BEER. which is good. so...