10-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #15
PoorMan
Hello my name is...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
I'm assuming it's because their euro to dollar conversion is greater? I spent sometime in the UK and couldn't stop converting the cost of living and salary from euro to dollar. It was nuts!
Hence why you really can't just do a direct comparison..With Euro, Jpn and US prices..

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post
As far as your OT points re vacation days and health care, don't believe everything you read or hear. To be sure, gov't workers or those in big companies in France may get several weeks off from their jobs a year (but so do federal employees), but if you work for yourself or in a smaller company, you don't take much time off here either. And pretty much everyone in France that can afford to do so, pays for a supplemental health insurance policy. And what you pay for other fixed costs here such as car insurance, utilities, etc in France partially offsets the cost of your health insurance.
From what I see it's simple fix..Get a better job. More time off and no bitching about prices (yes i'm being sarcastic)

Even with your complaints (every country has dislikes) its still better than our ripoff health care insurance and auto insurance companies.

btw My wife is from Marseille. My french connection..
Appreciate 0